- Drop Python 2 Support - biweeklybudget no longer supports Python 2 (2.7). Python versions 3.5-3.8 are tested, and development is now done on 3.8.
- Issue #201 - Fix major bug in calculation of “Remaining” amount for pay periods, when one or more periodic budgets have a greater amount spent than allocated and a $0 starting balance. In that case, we were using the allocated amount instead of the spent amount (i.e. if we had a periodic budget with a $0 starting balance and a $2 ScheduledTransaction, and converted that ScheduledTransaction to a $1000 Transaction, the overall PayPeriod remaining amount would be based on the $2 not the $1000).
- Add testing for Python 3.7, and make 3.7 the default for tests and tox environments.
- TravisCI updates for Python 3.7.
- Switch base image for Docker from
metatags, which are specifically intended to be read by machines). Switch to using wsj.com instead and (ugh) parsing a HTML table. This will break when the format of the table changes. As previously, we cache this value in the DB for 48 hours in order to be a good citizen.
- Issue #197 - Add notification for case where balance of all budget-funding accounts is more than sum of standing budgets, current payperiod remaining, and unreconciled. This is the opposite of the similar notification that already exists, intended to detect if there is money in accounts not accounted for in the budgets.
- Issue #196 - Don’t include inactive budgets in Budget select elements on Transaction Modal form, unless it’s an existing Transaction using that budget.
- Issue #204 - Add support for account transfer between non-Credit accounts.
- Many dependency updates:
- Upgrade SQLAlchemy from 1.2.0 to 1.2.11 for python 3 bug fix (4291).
- Upgrade SQLAlchemy from 1.2.11 to 1.3.13 for CVE-2019-7548 and CVE-2019-7164.
- Upgrade Flask from 0.12.2 to 1.0.2 for CVE-2018-1000656.
- Upgrade cryptography from 2.1.4 to 2.3.1 for CVE-2018-10903.
- Upgrade Jinja2 from 2.10 to 2.10.3 for CVE-2019-10906.
- Upgrade to latest version for all dependencies.
convert_unicodeargument from SQLAlchemy DB engine arguments per SQLAlchemy 1.3 upgrade guide / SQLAlchemy #4393.
- Fix major logic error in Credit Card Payoff calculations; interest fees were ignored for the current month/statement, resulting in “Next Payment” values significantly lower than they should be. Fixed to use the last Interest Charge retrieved via OFX (or, if no interest charges present in OFX statements, prompt users to manually enter the last Interest Charge via a new modal that will create an OFXTransaction for it) as the interest amount on the first month/statement when calculating payoffs. This fix now returns Next Payment values that aren’t identical to sample cards, but are significantly closer (within 1-2%).
- Issue #105 - Major refactor to the Transaction database model. This is transparent to users, but causes massive database and code changes. This is the first step in supporting Transaction splits between multiple budgets:
- A new BudgetTransaction model has been added, which will support a one-to-many association between Transactions and Budgets. This model associates a Transaction with a Budget, and a currency amount counted against that Budget. This first step only supports a one-to-one relationship, but a forthcoming change will implement the one-to-many budget split for Transactions.
- The database migration for this creates BudgetTransactions for every current Transaction, migrating data to the new format.
budgetrelationship of the Transaction model has been removed, as that information is now in the related BudgetTransactions.
- A new
planned_budgetrelationship) has been added to the Transaction model. For Transactions that were created from ScheduledTransactions, this attribute/relationship stores the original planned budget (distinct from the actual budget now stored in BudgetTransactions).
- The Transaction model now has a
budget_transactionsback-populated property, containing a list of all associated BudgetTransactions.
- The Transaction model now has a
set_budget_amounts()method which takes a single dict mapping either integer Budget IDs or Budget objects, to the Decimal amount of the Transaction allocated to that Budget. While the underlying API supports an arbitrary number of budgets, the UI and codebase currently only supports one.
- The Transaction constructor now accepts a
budget_amountskeyword argument that passes its value through to
set_budget_amounts(), for ease of creating Transactions in one call.
Transaction.actual_amountis no longer an attribute stored in the database, but now a hybrid property (read-only) generated from the sum of amounts of all related BudgetTransactions.
- Add support to serialize property values of models, in addition to attributes.
- Relatively major and sweeping code refactors to support the above.
- Switch tests from using deprecated pytest-capturelog to using pytest built-in log capturing.
- Miscellaneous fixes to unit and acceptance tests, and docs build.
- Finish converting all code, including tests and sample data, from using floats to Decimals.
- Acceptance test fix so that pytest-selenium can take full page screenshots with Chromedriver.
- PR #180 - Acceptance test fix so that the testflask LiveServer fixture captures server logs, and includes them in test HTML reports (this generates a temporary file per-test-run outside of pytest’s control).
- Fix bug found where simultaneously editing the Amount and Budget of an existing Transaction against a Standing Budget would result in incorrect changes to the balances of the Budgets.
- Add a new
migrationstox environment that automatically tests all database migrations (forward and reverse) and also validates that the database schema created from the migrations matches the one created from the models.
- Add support for writing tests of data manipulation during database migrations, and write tests for the migration in for Issue 105, above.
- Add support for
BIWEEKLYBUDGET_LOG_FILEenvironment variable to cause Flask application logs to go to a file in addition to STDOUT.
- Add support for
SQL_POOL_PRE_PINGenvironment variable to enable SQLAlchemy
pool_pre_pingfeature (see Disconnect Handling - Pessimistic) for resource-constrained systems.
- Modify acceptance tests to retry up to 3 times, 3 seconds apart, if a ConnectionError (or subclass thereof) is raised when constructing the Selenium driver instance. This is a workaround for intermittent ConnectionResetErrors in TravisCI.
- Issue #177
- Add SQL query timing support via
- When running under
flask rundev, append the number of milliseconds taken to serve the request to the werkzeug access log.
- When running under Docker/Gunicorn, append the decimal number of seconds taken to serve the request to the Gunicorn access log.
- Add SQL query timing support via
- Issue #184 - Redact database password from
/helpview, and change
/helpview to show Version containing git commit hash for pre-release/development Docker builds.
- Issue #183
- Add UI link to ignore reconciling an OFXTransaction if there will not be a matching Transaction.
- Remove default values for the
re_fields in preparation for actually using them.
- Replace the
re_feefield with separate
- Add UI support for specifying Interest Charge, Interest Paid, Payment, Late Fee, and Other Fee regexes on each account.
- Add DB event handler on new or changed OFXTransaction, to set
is_*fields according to Account
- Add DB event handler on change to Account model
re_*fields, that triggers
OFXTransaction.update_is_fields()to recalculate using the new regex.
OFXTransaction.unreconciledto filter out OFXTransactions with any of the
is_*set to True.
- Upgrade chromedriver in TravisCI builds from 2.33 to 2.36, to fix failing acceptance tests caused by Ubuntu upgrade from Chrome 64 to 65.
- Fix bug in
/budgetsview where “Spending By Budget, Per Calendar Month” chart was showing only inactive budgets instead of only active budgets.
- Issue #178 - UI support for splitting Transactions between multiple Budgets.
- Have frontend forms submit as JSON POST instead of urlencoded.
- Properly capture Chrome console logs during acceptance tests.
versionfinderrequirement version to 0.1.3 to work with pip 9.0.2.
- On help view, show long version string if we have it.
- Issue #177 - Fix bug in
- Many workarounds for flaky acceptance tests, including some for the selenium/Chrome “Element is not clickable at point… Other element would receive the click” error.
biweeklybudget.screenscraper.ScreenScraper- Save webdriver and browser logs on failure, and set Chrome to capture all logs.
biweeklybudget.screenscraper.ScreenScraper- Add option to explicitly set a User-Agent on Chrome or PhantomJS.
- Issue #192 - Fix bug where the
is_fields weren’t set on OFXTransactions when created via ofxgetter remote API.
ofxgetter- add support to list all accounts at the Institution of one account
ofxgetter- add ability to specify how many days of data to retrieve
- Issue #170 - Upgrade all python dependencies to their latest versions.
- Issue #171 - Upgrade Docker base image from
- Issue #157 - Remove PhantomJS from Docker image, as it’s broken and shouldn’t be needed.
- Switch TravisCI builds from Docker (
sudo: false) to VM (
sudo: enabled) infrastructure.
This version has a remote OFX upload incompatibility. See below.
- Issue #156 - Add headless chrome support to
pluggytransient dependency from requirements.txt; was breaking builds.
- Following pytest, drop testing of and support for Python 3.3.
- Issue #159 - Implement internationalization of volume and distance units for Fuel Log pages. This change introduces five new settings:
- Issue #154 - Fix documentation errors on the Getting Started page, “Running ofxgetter in Docker” section.
- Issue #152 - Fix for bug where new Transactions could be entered against inactive budgets. Ensure that existing transactions against inactive budgets can still be edited, but existing transactions cannot be changed to an inactive budget.
- Issue #161 - Fix bug where Transactions against inactive budgets weren’t counted towards payperiod overall or per-budget totals.
- Issue #163 - Include next payment amount on Credit Payoffs view.
- Issue #84 - Remove vendored-in
ofxparsepackage now that my PR #127 has been merged and released on PyPI. Important note: The version of ofxparse is changed in this release. If you are using
ofxgetter -r(remote API mode), the versions of ofxparse (and therefore biweeklybudget/ofxgetter) must match between the client and server.
- Issue #165 - Remove vendored-in
wishlistpackage now that my PR #8 has been merged and released on PyPI.
- Issue #155 - Refactor ofxgetter to fix bug where
SETTINGS_MODULEwas still required even if running remotely.
- PR #140 - Support user-configurable currencies and currency formatting.
This isn’t all-out localization, but adds
LOCALE_NAMEconfiguration settings to control the currency symbol and formatting used in the user interface and logs.
- PR #141 - Switch acceptance tests from PhantomJS to headless Chrome.
- Switch docs build screenshot script to use headless Chrome instead of PhantomJS.
- Issue #142 - Speed up acceptance tests. The acceptance tests recently crossed the 20-minute barrier, which is unacceptable. This makes some improvements to the tests, mainly around combining classes that can be combined and also using mysql/mysqldump to refresh the DB, instead of refreshing and recreating via the ORM. That offers a approximately 50-90% speed improvement for each of the 43 refreshes. Unfortunately, it seems that the majority of time is taken up by pytest-selenium; see Issue 142 for further information.
- Issue #125 - Switch Docker image base from
python:3.6.3-alpine3.4(Alpine Linux); drops final image size from 876MB to 274MB. (Note: Alpine linux does not have
- Issue #138 - Improvements to build process
- Run acceptance tests against the built Docker container during runs of the
dockertox environment /
- Reminder to sign git release tags
dev/release.pyscript to handle GitHub releases.
- Run acceptance tests against the built Docker container during runs of the
- Issue #139 - Add field to Budget model to allow omitting specific budgets from spending graphs (the graphs on the Budgets view).
This release includes database migrations.
- Issue #118 - PR to fix bugs in the
wishlist dependency package, and vendor that patched
version in under
- Issue #113 - vendor in other
git requirements (ofxclient and ofxparse) that seem unmaintained or inactive, so we can install via
- Issue #115 - In Transactions view, add ability to filter by budget.
BiweeklyPayPeriodclass to never convert to floats (always use decimal.Decimal types).
- Issue #124 - Major changes to the
ofxbackfillerconsole scripts; centralize all database access in them to the new
biweeklybudget.ofxapi.local.OfxApiLocalclass and allow these scripts to function remotely, interacting with the ReST API instead of requiring direct database access.
- Issue #123 - Modify the Credit Payoffs view to allow removal of Increase and Onetime Payment settings lines.
- Issue #131 - Add better example data for screenshots.
- Issue #117 and #133 - Implement and then revert out a failed attempt at automatic balancing of budgets in the previous pay period.
- Issue #114
transferrelationship to Transaction model, to link the halves of budget transfer transactions in the database. The alembic migration for this release iterates all Transactions in the database, and populates these links based on inferences of the description, date, account_id and notes fields of sequential pairs of Transactions. (Note: this migration would likely miss some links if two transfers were created simultaneously, and ended up with the Transaction IDs interleaved).
- Identify transfer Transactions on the Edit Transaction modal, and provide link to the matching Transaction.
- Add graph of spending by budget to Budgets view.
- Issue #133 - Change BiweeklyPayPeriod model to only use actual spent amount when creating remaining amount on payperiods in the past. Previously, all pay periods calculated the overall “remaining” amount as income minus the greater of
spent; this resulted in pay periods in the past still including allocated-but-not-spent amounts counted against “remaining”.
ofxgetterenable ofxclient logging when running at DEBUG level (
- Bump ofxclient requirement to my vanguard-fix branch for PR #47.
- Issue #101 - Fix static example amounts on
- Issue #103 - Show most recent MPG in notification box after adding fuel fill.
- Issue #97 - Fix integration tests that are date-specific and break on certain dates (run all integration tests as if it were a fixed date).
- Issue #104 - Relatively major changes to add calculation of Credit account payoff times and amounts.
- Issue #107 - Fix bug where Budget Transfer modal dialog would always default to current date, even when viewing past or future pay periods.
- Issue #48 - UI support for adding and editing accounts.
/pay_period_forredirect to be a 302 instead of 301, add redirect logging, remove some old debug logging from that view.
- Fix logging exception in db_event_handlers on initial data load.
- Switch ofxparse requirement to use upstream repo now that https://github.com/jseutter/ofxparse/pull/127 is merged.
- Issue #83 - Fix 500 error preventing display of balance chart on
/view when an account has a None ledger balance.
- Issue #86 - Allow budget transfers to periodic budgets.
- Issue #74 - Warning notification for low balance should take current pay period’s overall allocated sum, minus reconciled transactions, into account.
- Fix some template bugs that were causing HTML to be escaped into plaintext.
- Issue #15 - Add pay period totals table to index page.
- Fix date-sensitive acceptance test.
- Issue #87 - Add fuel log / fuel economy tracking.
- Minor fix to instructions printed after release build in
- Issue #61 - Document running
ofxgetterin the Docker container.
- fix ReconcileRule repr for uncommited (id is None)
- Issue #67 - ofxgetter logging - suppress DB and Alembic logging at INFO and above; log number of inserted and updated transactions.
- Issue #71 - Fix display text next to prev/curr/next periods on
/payperiod/YYYY-mm-ddview; add 6 more future pay periods to the
- Issue #72 - Add a built-in method for transferring money from periodic (per-pay-period) to standing budgets; add budget Transfer buttons on Budgets and Pay Period views.
- Issue #75 - Add link on payperiod views to skip a ScheduledTransaction instance this period.
- Issue #57 - Ignore future transactions from unreconciled transactions list.
- Transaction model - fix default for
datefield to actually be just a date; previously, Transactions with
dateleft as default would attempt to put a full datetime into a date column, and throw a data truncation warning.
- Transaction model - Fix
__repr__to not throw exception on un-persisted objects.
- When adding or updating the
actual_amountof a Transaction against a Standing Budget, update the
current_balanceof the budget.
- Fix ordering of Transactions table on Pay Period view, to properly sort by date and then amount.
- Numerous fixes to date-sensitive acceptance tests.
- Issue #79 - Update
/pay_period_forview to redirect to current pay period when called with no query parameters; add bookmarkable link to current pay period to Pay Periods view.
- Improve ofxgetter/ofxupdater error handling; catch OFX files with error messages in them.
- Issue #62 - Fix phantomjs in Docker image.
* Allow docker image tests to run against an existing image, defined by
DOCKER_TEST_TAG. * Retry MySQL DB creation during Docker tests until it succeeds, or fails 10 times. * Add testing of PhantomJS in Docker image testing; check version and that it actually works (GET a page). * More reliable stopping and removing of Docker containers during Docker image tests.
- Issue #63 - Enable gunicorn request logging in Docker container.
- Switch to my fork of ofxclient in requirements.txt, to pull in ofxclient PR #41
- Issue #64 - Fix duplicate/multiple on click event handlers in UI that were causing duplicate transactions.
- Initial Release